Southern Utah Academy of Healing Arts (SUAHA) offers the best training in massage therapy and is staffed with qualified, licensed teachers. The program director and instructor is Tom Clift, LMT. At SUAHA you will:
- Learn a medical based massage technique from experienced, licensed massage therapist: such as deep tissue, trigger point therapy and more.
- Experience the healing power of energy work, where you will learn to free the body of emotional trauma and clear the mind.
- You will get 850 hours of classroom time, hands on massage training and clinical massage.
- Build your clientele while you are still learning and have that base to build from when you finish.
- Not only will you learn the techniques but you will also learn how to market and run your business.
The Massage Therapy Profession
Southern Utah Academy of Healing Arts (SUAHA) will prepare you for the massage therapy profession as well as the Mblex test you need to take to get licensed in Utah. Massage Therapists are in high demand, have the benefit of flexible hours, independence, and working in a variety of settings, such as:
Spas and Resorts
Sports Teams and Events
Hospitals and Wellness Centers
For more information on Massage Therapy please visit www.amtamassage.org
The school is located at 535 South Main Street, Cedar City, UT 84720. Southern Utah Academy of Healing Arts has a professional atmosphere that leaves people feeling at home. Our massage rooms are private and beautifully decorated, each with their own theme. We provide the massage tables in each of our rooms for our students to use. You will have the benefit of learning from experienced teachers and mentors with lots of hands on training in our spacious classroom. You will get experience in a real office setting, with a Chiropractor and Massage Therapists currently practicing at The Healing Tree to help guide you through your studies.
The classes will be held Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, throughout a 9 month program. The class time will be split into 2 semesters. Classes will not be held on the following holidays:
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
|90 – 100 = A||Excellent|
|80 – 89 = B||Above Average|
|70 – 79 = C||Average|
|60 – 69 = D||Below Average|
|Under 60 = U||Unsatisfactory|
For each student to graduate the following must be completed:
700 classroom hours
150 hands-on clinic hours
All tuition and fees paid
A score of C or higher in each class. If a student does not pass a class, they have the option of retaking it.